We are happy to arrange collections and deliveries to/from any UK private address. Normally our vehicles are too large to drive onto your drive or garden. Therefore the industry offers a kerbside service, not a home delivery. We can provide professional home deliveries and even white glove two man deliveries where we unpack the goods and carry into the home, taking away the packaging but this will incur separate charges.
When booking deliveries and collections, please consider access. If cars park along both sides of the road and there are parking metres everywhere then there may be issues. Trucks are large so please ensure there is clear access and safe/adequate parking. If we need to use a van please tell us. If we have to park on the highway and we attract a parking ticket then we will expect the customer to pay for it, unless you have arranged/pre-advised proper parking. This tends to be a problem for inner city areas. We also ask for mobile contact numbers at both ends.
Checklist for Standard Palletised Delivery/Collection
- Health & safety of the driver comes first
- We allow 15 minutes to deliver or collect
- Generally a tail-lift will be used to load/unload the vehicle
- Sufficient, safe access for an HGV, let us know if you require a smaller vehicle when ordering
- Level, flat area for vehicle to park
- flat, solid surface such as concrete or tarmac to offload on to or collect from
- permission to have goods left on kerb or road side (normally fine but check with the Council if you’re worried).
- We tend to deliver AM, collect PM, but this can vary depending upon workloads
FreightForce are not insured to enter a residential property. We do not remove pallets or packaging materials for disposal.
Parking on your property
If you ask the driver to drive/park on your property then this is at your own risk. We have experienced issues with this:
- Oil/Diesel marks left on driveways
- Underground drains damaged
- Manhole covers damaged
- Telephone wires brought down
- Damage to walls, gates and posts