Our Environmental Policy sets out our general philosophy and specific areas of the business where we have already implemented environment friendly sustainable procedures and others with the potential for future innovation.
FreightForce is ever aware of the importance of environmental issues. We have a firm commitment and sense of responsibility towards the environment and we aim to minimise the impact on our surroundings.
Our activities will inevitably have an impact on the environment and our aim is to minimise this through active ‘green’ management and strategic objectives aimed at reducing this impact wherever we can.
We recognise that minimising waste and saving energy is an essential part of business practice and we have numerous procedures and initiatives in place which allows the minimisation of carbon emissions and the reduction of the carbon footprint of the goods we deliver.
We aim to keep our business as paper free as possible. Using the latest e-work flows and server technology to keep paper to an absolute minimum. We work tirelessly with our suppliers to work electronically, from purchase orders, confirmations, invoices, payments, remittances, statements, all electronic only. We extensively use email and encourage all documentation to be handled electronically, saving postage and handling wherever possible.
We work as hard convincing our customers to work in this way too. Transport has traditionally been fax and paper based. FreightForce converts faxes into emails and encourages customers to email, which improves efficiency, improves traceability, reduces costs and reduces our carbon footprint.
All of our vehicles are purchased with environmental protection features such as low emissions and low noise output. With continued and careful technical selection, we hope to continually reduce our impact on the environment. We train all staff to operate efficiently and to improve loading and route planning where possible, thereby reducing the number of vehicles making unnecessary journeys.
To minimise environmental impacts concerning our activities and services We shall:
- Continue to drive down the environment impact through consolidation of freight in and around the County of Norfolk. Maximising vehicle utilisation and reduction of empty running is key to this.
- We operate a strict e-Trading policy to eliminate paper from our business.
- We only run modern vehicles, which conform to the European community’s most demanding levels of exhaust emissions and keep trucks for five years.
- All of our vehicles are fitted with Global Live vehicle trackers, this helps our transport managers to allocate work to vehicles in the best location and reduces empty running and improves efficiency.
- All our vehicles have sophisticated exhaust systems designed to minimise the production of Nitrogen Oxide and Dioxide, whilst also minimizing the release of particles into the environment.
- We seek to maintain a sustainable procurement strategy to reduce the social and environmental impact of procurement decisions and where possible, use socially preferable materials and solutions.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which the Company subscribes which relate to its environmental aspects.
- Prevent pollution, Reduce Waste and minimise the consumption of resources via the continual improvement and use of technologies, in particular our transport management and fuel systems.
- Educate, train and motivate employees to carry out tasks in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Encourage environmental protection among suppliers and partnering distribution companies.
- We recycle packaging from our warehouse and oils from our workshop.
- We split all recyclable waste.
The Company is committed to continual improvement of environmental performance.