We are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audiences.
Using the Site
We have aimed to create a site that is available to everyone including those with sight, audio and motor impairment restrictions.
- We aim to use a web font so all text is easy to read.
- We have appropriate alt tags for images to convey information.
- We ensure that navigation through our websites works in a consistent way.
- We do not rely on just colour as the only way of giving information.
- We avoid the use of images of text wherever possible, and provide equivalent text links that consist of images.
Here are a few helpful ways in which you can start using the website more easily.
To enlarge text on the site
The majority of modern browsers now include the ability to resize a page’s text size with relative ease. On the browser menu select the ‘options’ icon then adjust ‘Zoom’ to resize the text to your preferred size.
To change text and/or colour on the site
Some browsers allow you to change the colours displayed on a site making it easier to read and navigate. To do so select the ‘options’ icon on the browser menu, then select ‘settings’ and adjust the display options to your preference.
To change the size of the window of the site
Simply press the F11 key on your keyboard.
Where to start
Use the sitemap to get an overview of what is on the site
The content has been written and formatted to make it accessible:
- Headings highlight sections of text
- Sentences are short with the meaning at the beginning
- Links use meaningful text
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing the site or have any comments please do not hesitate to contact customer services on 01603 630011.